My dear friend Abby has tagged me for a meme. I’m not going to lie, I had no idea what this meant, being new to the blogging world and all. Apparently it’s sort of like a blog chain letter. Or some sort of virus that’s passed from one blog to the next. Anyway, the rules for this one are that I’m supposed to list 7 Random or Weird Things About Myself (not hard) and then tag other friend-bloggers and pass it to them. However, I’m fairly new to the blog social scene, so I’m only tagging one person; my former roommate, Liesl. Liesl is also fairly new to the blogging world, and is therefore unsuspecting, like myself. Gotcha, bitch.
1. My parents almost named me Nora. They still hadn’t really made up their mind the day I was born.
2. I have never smoked a cigarette, but I have smoked hookah and a part of a cigar.
3. I would secretly love nothing more than to be a Blazerdancer.
4. If I had all the time and money in the world, I would learn more foreign languages, take piano lessons again, go to photography school, put all my photos from high school and college in albums and scrapbooks, travel around the world and visit family and friends, take a painting class, and buy my friends and family gifts for all holidays and sometimes just for fun. Oh, and I’d buy a truck.
5. I have, more than once, returned an item I have worn to a store. More than 10 times, easily.
6. My first name is spelled wrong on my birth certificate and nobody noticed until I was headed to the DMV to get my driver’s license in high school and I asked my mom for a copy. Even then, I was the one who noticed. I’ve still never changed it, even though my Social Security card, passport, and drivers license all have it spelled “correctly”.
7. I believe that I am happier right now than I have ever been in my life. And tomorrow might be even better.