There was this weird “chain letter” thing going around facebook where you were supposed to make a list of 25 random things about yourself and then tag 25 people who had to do the same. I got some positive feedback on my list, which is sort of odd when you think about it, but I decided that maybe that meant I should widen my audience. Here they are: 25 things you may or may not know about me.
1. I always tell people the first concert I ever went to was Rascal Flatts and Toby Keith in Tacoma with my friend Amanda, but I actually went to one a few months before in Eugene at Wow Hall that featured the Eyeliners and Yellowcard. Seriously, I feel that Toby Keith is LESS embarrassing.
2. One time I lied to a hairdresser about my hair being naturally curly.
3. Once when I was about 6, my mom lost me for a minute in a department store and found me organizing the umbrella section by color… in rainbow order, naturally.
4. I’m so bad about writing thank you notes that I wrote my last few from high school graduation gifts the day I went to my first college class.
5. Every couple of months I consider going to Unitarian church or finding a synagogue. I never do it.
6. I don’t plan on taking my (future) husband’s last name. If he feels very strongly about it, I’ll open it up for discussion.
7. I tried to pluck my eyebrows once when I was a teenager, but I kept sneezing. So I haven’t done it since.
8. Sometimes I hope I grow up and have a house with lots and lots of bedrooms, only because I love shopping for bedding.
9. I went to the Academy Awards once and had only seen two of the nominated films.
10. In middle school, my friend Nate had a gardner with Tourette’s. We used to hide and giggle at the things he said when he cut their rosebushes.
11. I love pub trivia. It was made for people like me (those who like beer and know stupid random useless shit).
12. I’m from Missoula, Montana and I’ve never seen the movie “A River Runs Through It.”
13. I frequently buy clothing because of how it feels even if it doesn’t fit well or go with anything.
14. I had to stop signing my full name on receipts because my handwriting is getting progressively larger.
15. I think that at any given time I have enough stuff in my car to clothe and entertain me for a matter of days.
16. My name is spelled wrong on my birth certificate, but not on my Social Security card, driver’s license, or passport.
17. My mom pierced my belly button when I was in 8th grade. I kept the piercing until I was a senior in college.
18. I would love to be a floral designer, a translator, or a college professor. I have none of the necessary training for any of those things.
19. The first CD I ever owned was by Miami Sound Machine. The second was Paula Abdul.
20. I have such a hard time admitting when I don’t know things that I’ve never learned how to fix a flat tire.
21. I spent my 21st birthday in a country with a drinking age of 16.
22. A friend and I once made it onto the Jumbotron at a UM football game by making a sign asking the mascot to marry me… er… us.
23. The best job I ever had was choosing the music I played at college basketball games.
24. I got a prom date my junior year in high school the day before the dance.
25. It took me days to come up with these 25 things.