Things I did not know about Swine Flu until last week:
- It is basically the flu but a little bit worse, in most cases.
- If you get it, you most likely will not be tested for it, because no doctor’s office wants you to pass through their doors.
- If you do go into the doctor’s office and they think you have swine flu, they STILL won’t test you for it because they don’t want to overload the state labs. They will, however, make you disinfect your hands every five minutes and make you wear a mask like your dentist wears when he’s drilling your teeth. Any nurse or doctor who comes into your room will be wearing a matching mask.
- Even though they don’t test you for it, you probably have it. And they’ll tell you that. But you’ll feel like an idiot if you repeat it, because… how do you know?
- You will most likely be reduced to the most pathetic, worthless form of yourself for at least three days. And then you’ll get back to work and not know what to tell everyone because you don’t know if you actually had swine flu.
And on that note, I will leave you with this photo from my dad’s Facebook page: